Please click on the news title for more information.
- Winter 2016 Newsletter
- Summer Newsletter
- Cannington Equestrian Centre going from strength to strength!
In August 2015 Bridgwater College Cannington Equestrian Centre came under new management and Hatti Troake took over the reins as Equine Yard Manager.
- The life of an Equestrian student
Read about The life of our Equestrian Student Portly French.
- Spring Newsletter
The Spring 2016 newsletter is out now!
Mugs and Keyrings for sale! Treat yourself or buy the perfect gift!
- December Newsletter
The December 2015 newsletter is out now!
- Change in Approved Riding Hat Standards
The EU Commission has announced that the European equestrian riding helmet standard BS EN 1384 is to be withdrawn from the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) in its next publication.
- October Newsletter
The October newsletter is out now!
- Give Horses a Go day 2015
In association with Sport England ‘This Girl Can’ campaign and raising money for Cancer Research UK.
- September newsletter
The September Newsletter is now out.
- Free Taster Session at Cannington Equestrian Centre
Cannington Equestrian Centre is welcoming the local community to visit their facilities and encourage people to give horse riding a go as part of an exciting new campaign called ‘This Girl Can Ride’.
- CECRC Show Jumping competition Sunday 19 October 2014
CECRC Show Jumping competition on Sunday 19 October 2014
- Horses to Loan
We're on the look-out!
- Demo Events
Not to be missed!
- Students’ success in Dressage competition
Cannington Stags came third after competing against ten other teams from across Somerset.
- Bridgwater College’s Equestrian Centre hosts safety training evening
Bridgwater College’s Cannington Equestrian Centre hosted a horse riders’ road safety awareness training evening.
- Bridgwater College’s Equestrian students named West Somerset champions
Bridgwater College’s Equestrian students named West Somerset champions.
- Pepsi in the News!
On The Pony Club website
- Staff member training for the London 10k
For the charity Retraining of Racehorses (RoR).
- Our First Camp!
28-30 May 2013
- Cannington Equestrian Centre Riding Club
Cannington Equestrian Centre becomes an official British Riding Club
- Customer Summer Show Results!
Wednesday 29 August
- Animal Magic at the Equestrian Centre
Richard 'Max' Maxwell pays a visit!
- Riding High at Cannington Equestrian Centre
Students demonstrate their talents at their end of term competition.
- Bridgwater Fire Station visits Bridgwater College's Animal & Equine Centre (October 2010)
The Animal & Equine Centres at Bridgwater College were the recent venue for some specialist training for Bridgwater Fire Station.
- Students make debut at riding championships (Summer 2010)
Four students from Bridgwater College made their debut at the Inter-College Riding Championship at Warwickshire College this year.
- Animal and Equine showcase is a success (Summer 2010)
The first special event spotlighting the Animal and Equine provision which took place at Cannington Centre proved to be a big hit with the public, attracting over 500 people.
- Easter Show results (April 2010)
The Equestrian Centre ran its end of term Easter Show at the beginning of April.
- Another Outstanding Investment in Equitation at Cannington Equestrian Centre (April 2010)
Bridgwater College's Equestrian Centre at Cannington has just had it's indoor school resurfaced.
- Big Investment at Cannington Equestrian Centre (September 2009)
Bridgwater College's Equestrian Centre at Cannington has been the receiver of a big investment recently - for resurfacing the outdoor arena.
- Sinead hunts down a dream job (August 2009)
A former Bridgwater College student has landed a dream job working with a top class racehorse trainer.
- Riding Lessons & Short Courses (Spring 2009)
We cater for riders of all abilities, so if you have never ridden before and want to start, or just want to have a go, our staff will be pleased to help!
- Perfect Placement (Spring 2009)
Emma Moore followed a Level 1 NVQ in Horse Care at one of our outreach yards - Hyperion Stud at Exeter.
- Equine section kicks off (Spring 2009)
The Equestrian Centre has recently been re-launched, providing full and part-time courses as well as riding lessons for the public.
- Bringing equine courses to you! (Spring 2009)
Did you know Bridgwater College runs Equestrian Outreach programme?